Monday, December 17, 2007

Mile High Shredded Beef

3 pounds chuck roast or round steak
vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cups beef broth OR bouillion
Sauce:
1 1/2 cups beef broth reserved from roast
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3 drops tabasco sauce
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
potato rolls or buns
Brown beef in hot oil on both sides, adding onion and celery at the
last minute. Combine beef, vegetables and broth in a Dutch oven or
crockpot. Simmer, covered, for 3-4 hours or until tender. Cool; shred
beef, separating into strands. Drain vegetables. Combine with beef.
Reserve broth; skim off any fat.
To make sauce: Mix broth, beef, vegetables, garlic, salt, catsup, brown
sugar, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, tabasco, bay leaf, paprika, garlic
powder, and worcestershire sauce. Simmer until heated thoroughly.
Remove bay leaf.

1 comment:

juliet said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com