4 slices fresh dark rye bread
2 tsp. butter
Iceberg or leaf lettuce
1/2 c. Thousand Island dressing
1 (3 oz.) pkgs. water-sliced cooked
1 (3 oz.) pkg. water-sliced smoked
4 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
2 hard cooked eggs
8 black olives, pitted
8 red cherry tomatoes
4 sweet gherkins
6 slices crisp, cooked bacon
4 slices dark rye bread, toasted,
1. Butter the untoasted bread. Place it on each of four serving plates.
2. Top each slice with lettuce.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of dressing over lettuce.
4. Divide the ham and turkey into four portions each. Arrange on top of each
serving. Top with cheese, cut into julienne sticks.
5. Arrange on each sandwich 2 quarters of hard cooked eggs, 2 black olives, 2
red cherry tomtoes, halved, and 1 sweet gherkin, halved.
6. Top with bacon. Add more dressing or pass dressing in a small bowl.
7. Surround with toasted rye bread, cut into quarters. 4 servings.